What is the Science Behind the Offset Products?
1) The science behing the numbers for greenhouse gas reduction products is based on methods established and practiced in the field by researchers over the last several decades.
2) The Planet Alpha Direct Measurement Farming Carbon Protocol accounts for greenhouse gas sources and sinks measured at the Buckwheat Blossom Farm site.
3) The diagram above explains the process. In summary, both uptake and release of CO2, CH4 and N2O must be measured to calculate actual net reductions.
4) The project is organized into processes that consist of measuring physical carbon, calculating project carbon across the site and time period, and then transforming the data into verified financial carbon and greenhouse gas products.
5) Data for CO2, CH4 and N2O, can be combined in balanced portfolios for voluntary and compliance buyers. Learn more about our process and journal peer-reviewed publications here.
BBF Elimination of about 233 Metric Tons of CO2 Is About the Same As Emissions From:
Horse-Powered Buckwheat Blossom Farm and Planet Alpha Directly Measure GHGs for Offsets in Climate-Smart Ag Pilot
Climate-smart agriculture is advanced by direct measurement of soil emissions, including CO2, CH4, a
Turning away from estimation protocols to direct measurement ensures offset quality, reduces risk, a
Direct measurement forest carbon protocol: a commercial system-of-systems to incentivize forest restoration and management
Read about the science behind the Buckwheat Blossom Carbon Farming Project. Direct measurement of gr